Friday, October 16, 2009

Randomness for the past couple weeks

Well, let's see, its been busy. One of my best friends from high school had her baby. My other best friend from high school had a bridal shower (getting married in a few weeks). My sister in law got a job. Got my tickets to Trans-siberian Orchestra (5th anniversary outing with my sister).

Is that enough? lol. Here's some pics to brighten your day :)

Yes, Nathan is eating solids and does really well at it. We don't push, kinda let him decide if he wants to eat or not. Not much every night and so far Yellow Squash is the fav (sweet potatoes are on the menu now too)
James helping daddy with the fence. He even got to help with the saw apparently and was a huge help! He's been in training with Papa and jumps right in to help either me or dad however he can around the house. Cooking, fixing, cleaning....he's right there "Me watch me help!"

What a cute smile huh? He smiles a Lot! I love it. Such a down to earth-easy going baby this one. Though, when he wants something he wants it bad...and it doesn't happen so often so...not so bad.

Here we are patiently waiting for more food, though we've found he likes to suck his thumb immediately after receiving a spoonful of food. Whether he is assisting in the swallowing (can do so without the thumb) or flavoring his thumb for later has yet to be determined.

Dancing with one of his Aunts here Nathan has a lot of strength and can completely holds himself up on his feet. We merely provide the anchor of balance for him.

These next 2 shots go together.
Nathan has been working on sitting up and here you can see he was doing alright....
but oh, oh wait....ack, Mommiiieeee

Spending time with Grams :)
While I was at the shower Grams and Grandpa watched/played with James and then got to see Nathan for a bit after. We only get to see my parents once a month or so.
Priceless

Nathans first time in a buggy...I'm willing to bet he's thinking "hmm, new view and look at all that stuff!"

This is a shot of the drivers side window....yes, that is a bug, face down in the window insulation. When I tried to extract the poor thing I ended up knocking it into the door frame...forever lost inside the door. C2$p. That was not a good day.

More Nathan shots...I'm realizing I'm lacking in James shots here, huh. Well, so Nathan can rotate his body on his tummy 180 + degrees in order to get at whatever he wants to get at. he has rolled over but not consistently. I think it scares him still. I'll see him rocking on his belly and will almost roll and he will stop himself with his hand or will throw his weight the other way to stop. I think he would prefer to crawl see-ing as how he can lift his body up like below all the way to his knees and he is beginning to scootch his knees up under at the same time. We're guessing full out crawling by Christmas for sure.

Here you can see him holding the plank position with his arms supporting most of his weight here...and his knees. So strong! James is going to have an excellent playmate, and soon as he coordinates his limbs a bit better :)

No comments: