Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cooking with Chef James

So James loves to cook. He pretends to make all kinds of food for Daddy and me on his little kitchen, though he prefers to use the big tongs and spatulas as much as possible. he has a set of wooden cookies Aunt K gave him and a set of pots I gave him...stir stir, mash mash, yummy :)

Now, he has on occasion helped out with real food too. If you remember pasta making with daddy and he has helped me make cresent rolls, muffins, and even frosted a cake once (I'll try to find the pictures and update in a bit). He has helped Daddy make sauces, and pour ingredients...just precious.

Last night he was helping Aunt B make monkey bread. He took very seriously his pouring of the sugar and dipping of the rolls in said sugar. The look on his face was adorable(sorry, no pic of this) but his exclaiming 'tastee' to his taste tests of sugar was even cuter.

3 comments:

Lady A said...

hmm well, I just have to say that Luke is a mighty fine "spicy crab" cooker with a side of sausage ;) Maybe we should consider opening up a restaurant for them?! Although Luke's kitchen is really just his sandbox or wherever he is. HA

Lady A said...

hmm well, I just have to say that Luke is a mighty fine "spicy crab" cooker with a side of sausage ;) Maybe we should consider opening up a restaurant for them?! Although Luke's kitchen is really just his sandbox or wherever he is. HA

Lady A said...

hmm well, I just have to say that Luke is a mighty fine "spicy crab" cooker with a side of sausage ;) Maybe we should consider opening up a restaurant for them?! Although Luke's kitchen is really just his sandbox or wherever he is. HA