Someday I will finish the story of the trip to the NICU but for now...all is well. I have officially talked to my boss and am set to go back to work on August 12th. I'm torn, I like being home with the boys and wish i could be a full time mom...on some level. I also know we need the money and I do enjoy working. The boys will be with my MIL and see-ing how James is growing and learning I couldn't ask for a better environment for my kids. I am still hoping within 3 years time to be able to leave my set scheduled job and find some other, more flexible work to do so i can be home when James goes to Kindergarden. *fingers crossed
I am working on the financial aspect of this and see a light at the end of the tunnel..
but for now I am home with the boys. We spend 3-4 days at the house watching way too much TV and getting other misc. chores done. 1 to 2 days down with my MIL. For the first time in my life I am keeping up on laundry and am actually keeping the kitchen clean. I've even made dinner 2 nights in a row and it wasn't half bad...could have been better but, eh?
James and Nathan get along great. James adores his little brother and wants to play with him so badly. He gives Nathan toys (cars, spoons), talks to him, gives him hugs and kisses...I even caught James teaching Nathan how to roll over (will not leave the boys alone in a room again for a long while -- Nathan seemed unfazed but still)
Nathan watches James' every move. He also loves to stand, see everything going on, and talk all the while. He is a coo-er and a grunt-er. Oftentimes his little noises coincide with a conversation D and I will be having, or to something James has just done...I would swear Nathan is making his remarks on the situation, can't wait to hear what he says!
So our days are filled with randomness and fun, our nights are filled with sleep. We couldn't have asked for a better sleeper. A minimum of 3 hours up to 7 hours at a time. Nathan wakes up consistently between 2 and 3 am....when I am able to get him down initially determines how long he sleeps. We nurse and then he is back asleep for 2-3 hours...sometimes more. James is awake by 6...though he has been sleeping in till 7 these past couple of days.
Of the 2 James wakes up more during the night. Just last night, 3am, James was awake and wanting to watch Cars. I had just gotten Nathan back to sleep, coaxed James back into bed with promises of cars in the morning. I get him settled then I bring Nathan into the room and put him in his bed telling James to keep him company....they did not awake till 7:30. nice
We have passed the bassinet onto a friend and are consistently using the crib for Nathans naps. I even get him into the crib during the day for stretches as long as 4 hours. I want him used to the crib and sleeping on his own. We co-slept with James for a long time and I think that affected his transition into sleeping on his own...
I suppose the only other news is how big my boys are. Nathan is 24.5 inches tall and weighs 13.11 lbs, the size of a 6 month old but...he is proportioned and healthy and for Dr. Sears, that is all that matters. James is over 3 feet (I would guess 38-39 inches) and weighs 35.5 lbs. James is stringing full sentences together and forming his own thoughts....we were watching Firefly the other night and James of his own accord comments "She's pretty" in regards to Kaylee. Whoa boy, D and I are going to have our hands full!
Meanwhile I am working out and slowly shedding the extra weight. I am almost pre-pregnancy weight and look forward to dropping more. I have begun an at home exercise routine for the moment but I look forward to attending Aqua Aerobics and taboe classes at the gym, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I can feel some toning happening and really hope to slim down and be a healthy fit mom for my two very active boys.
2 comments:
Kat,
I have to say, this entry is BY FAR the most put together, optimistic, comfortable in your role as a mom, happy about your progress and your kids, etc. that you've EVER written. Pretty amazing! I'm glad to be on the journey with you. Elijah says, "thanks for the bassinett, it's pretty sweet"
See ya soon I hope!
It sounds like your children are thriving and happy. What more could you ask for?! It's great that they're such good sleepers - not being sleep-deprived surely helps you cope better in all situations.
Congratulations on the weight loss too. That's a big achievement. Aqua Aerobics actually sounds like fun. I'm sure you'll meet your goals.
Post a Comment