Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fascinating

I've read that children can learn their environments and even manipulate to some degree. Mini adults, sensing what role they play where and adapting their social skills to such.

Well, with Nana the boys are as they should be with Nana, knowing they are being spoiled and loving every second of it!

With us, well, they know their boundaries and boy do they know how to push buttons. Most nights we are ALL tired, and somehow we manage to survive. D has recently found the OLD Batman series with Adam West :) and James loves it! So we get home, D and the boys settle down to watch an episode while I get to work on dinner. Then we eat and have some play time :) Then we get ready for bed which includes a Thorough cleaning of our teeth, at least 2 books for each boy, and then prayers. I recently said an entire rosary to calm both myself and the boys down. It magically put Nathan to sleep, my dad would be proud, lol.

Now at daycare, the boys sound to be a bit more self sufficient, using full sentences, drawing faces, good playtime with the other boys....and James even wants privacy while in the potty! Ok, so at home James has been known to walk out into the living room, pants around his ankles, asking for a butt-wipe. He did this so often that part of a scavenger hunt at Nana's involved a clue revolving around it..... :)

I'm impressed. Ah kids, amazing.

James and Nathan for the most part get along great! They have their moments, usually when James doesn't want to be bothered which only perpetuates Nathan bothering him by some means.....but it never lasts for too long.

My favorite game right now is racing. We have this perfect circle in our house and both boys have a car (think Monster Truck size) that they push around and 'race' with. Its fun and good exercise, lol.

I think it is fabulous that the boys know their environments. I am a true sociology major at heart and am gratified to find that the environments my children are in are having a positive effect on them. I look forward to James, and even Nathan, being in school cause I feel confident that they will succeed with the tools we have been able to give them.

No comments: