Fall, so much happens. The days get shorter and darker, the world begins to sleep. Leaves litter the yard and all the plants begin to sleep.....
this can be such a tough time of year for me. I love light, I love life.....sigh But we are adjusting. I did get the new job and have been working in it for just over 6 weeks. The boys have been in the at-home daycare 3 full days a week for just over 8 weeks now...and are doing fabulously!!! Me? I'm adjusting but boy am I dead by the weekend.
James is coming to an understanding of his emotions, his mental capacity, his understanding of the english language and just how much he can accomplish on his own. He has his bouts of jealousy over things with his brother but all in all he is growing up right under my nose and I couldn't ask for a more beautiful child! He is so sweet. I've taken to telling him "I love you" as often as i can, especially if I've had to discipline recently and he will say it back to me ONLY if he wants too...about 95% of the time :)
Now Nathan, he has gotten the short end of the stick. They say kids in daycare develop their immunities differently then kids who are at home and boy is this true! Our little bugger has on again off again fevers and teething, and this cough that just won't go away! It's never bad enough to rush to the ER, if that makes sense, but too top things off our Pediatrician has decided she doesn't want to work with Insurance anymore, thus making her out-of-network for us now and we can't afford it! I've loved her for these past 3.5 years... ugh
So, I am on the hunt for a Dr, meanwhile Nathan is on again off again icky. He is 18 months and I know his immune system is still developing but he seems to be catching a light version of everything being passed around from both Mom and Dad and the other kids.
Now, he is handling it like a champ and only rarely is he un-consolable. For the most part he is running around after his brother doing everything he does :) Does not want to take naps and wants everything everyone else has....sounds just like a little sibling eh? Hmmm....maybe I need to make him a middle child....in a couple of years, lol.
D and I are well, just busy. Trying to figure out the commute....with one car. Yes, I said one. We are no longer a 2 car family. Early in November I allowed myself to be distracted while commuting into work by way of getting bloodwork done.
So, no food + no caffeine + no Dan +kids = fail that day
A deer hopped across the road, but i did not see it. I saw instead everyone stopping suddenly and hit the brakes and skidded into the car in front of me (I was going at most 25mph mind you)....well, the one back side of the car in front of me. I instinctively veered to the right to get off the road I think but it wasn't enough to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Now, the car behind me almost hit my car, and the same for the car behind him, but they were both able to stop in time. I was driving the impala....a very heavy car that has never stopped right for me.
So, it was totaled. Mind you, if the air bag had not gone off then this would be a different story. Due to this the car's value minus damage was not enough to salvage it even though the engine and main framework were fine. I did not take any pictures but the car wasn't that bad....
So, it has been a season of changes for us. On a health note my Endo Doc has increased my dosage once again. I am now up to 75mg a day....I think it is helping though it is tough to tell. The only thing I can say with any certainty is that there is a link between my emotional pitfalls and my thyroid levels. It sucks since there is not much I can seem to do about it except deal.
So, life goes on....changes happen, changes are dealt with and become the norm until something else changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment