My little Man Nate is growing up. We rearranged the kids bedroom yesterday so that both boys beds had one side along a wall.
Previously we'd had the beds side-by-side sticking out into the bedroom. Gave them a chance to sleep close and comfort each-other if need be. Well, Nate has turned into a bit of a gymnast what with being able to climb out of the crib, and jumping all around. James was just as interested in climbing and was in process yesterday when I decided it was time to move things around.
So, their room has been re-arranged and James did great with it! No problem getting into his bed and fell right to sleep.
Nate, well, I've been staying with him initially to help settle him, half lying on the floor, head on his bed, arm around him :) This helped him the first couple of nights and I find it is relaxing to listen to my kids head off to dreamland....but last night Nate didn't stay settled. He woke up, cried out, the fell back asleep on the floor by his bed....I put him back in his bed.
Mid-way thru the night Nate ended up in our bed....neither D nor I put him there and the gate to his room was magically open. I have no idea but I am hoping Nate hasn't figured out how to unlock it. A gate you ask? I've read that a child needs a sanctuary so when you take the side of the crib off you build out and put that protection on the door. It grows their world or something like that....besides, I don't like shutting their door nor do I want Nate wandering around the house in the middle of the night :) That led to crayon colored walls with James.
So, in short, I either have a genius on my hands, or one of us sleepwalks. Hm. Will need to keep an eye on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment