Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday fun and more

The weekend started with a delicious steak dinner Friday night, yum yum and then some relaxing (been a long week). Now, I'm taking some advice from my mom and trying to slow down our weekends for both the sakes of my kids and me. Getting up Mon-Fri around 5-5:30 am and then no getting home some nights till after 6....makes for very long days.

So, we stayed in Saturday and continued work on a birthday suprise my husband and In'Laws had started the previous weekend. Pulling up carpet in the dining room, foyer, and hallways and then polishing the gorgeous hardwood floor beneath! It feels like a different house :)

James wanted to help, and was very good at wielding a hammer(under careful supervision)

No, we did not end up painting anything but that is next on the list...I think. We did however get ALL the carpet up (this pic is in the process). So many staples and nails....my fingers ache thinking about it but boy was it worth it!

Gorgeous!

Saturday night we went out with James's godparents to Denny's and had a very good linner around 3'ish...they have a claw machine in there that I gave into James to finally try because they had baby ogres in there (I want one!) and of course James pulls out a Mr. Plow on his second turn....

huh, beginners luck.

Sunday saw us finishing up the floor and then heading out to a Birthday event my hubby had planned for me :)
@ Chuckie Cheese, and yes, I did actually suggest this as an option. I think having kids has made me rethink what is fun. Just hanging and playing with them is so much fun!

We had a good crowd (thank you all!!) and I think everyone had fun too!

James posed with me for this Pic, as you can see. Not to scared of the mouse....
In the background there you see a machine, it's one of those air things where they blow things around you and you have to catch...tickets :) I was told I couldn't pick-up off the ground but nothing else was illegal, so I grabbed off the ceiling as many as i could. Oie, it was hard! I hear someone has pics or even a video of this....
I managed to grab a bunch of big tickets worth 50, 100, and 200 respectively. Sweet. I also had tickets stuck in my shirt, shorts, shoes and hair when I came out, lol.

Nate enjoyed it all but he was so overwhelmed, lol. He ended up eating(or dropping) the piece of cake he was sharing with me....oh well

Yes we had 30 candles on there and James helped me blow out each and every one!

So not your typical 30th birthday I suppose but I had fun. Thanks for all the tickets those that came out. Got some fun things for the kiddos :)

1 comment:

Lady A said...

You sound so happy in this post! Here's to #30, may you continue to evaluate and change things in your life and make the best decisions with Dan for your family!

Love ya!

I can't wait to see the floors. Must be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!