Saturday, July 17, 2010

Swimming

Boy o boy, these boys of mine. James loves to swim. love love love! His nana bought him a vest that is sleeveless and legless....meaning it just sits around his abdomen giving him freedom to swim without fear of sinking cause honestly, the boy has the muscles power to hold himself up, just not the confidence.

o, this little device gives him confidence and he takes it and runs with it. Swimming ALL over the place, fast slow. He is amazing to watch. He has also figured to how to hold his breath and to dunk hi head in the water. Not just for a second....but for as much as 5-10 seconds. He i truly courageous and loves the water so much.

His godfather is a diver....I told James that someday he will have to ask him to teach him and take him diving too and James thought that was the coolest thing. he told me that there is a whole other world under the surface of the water. His own word choice, I swear.

Nathan is still getting used to th water but he does enjoy adventures. He figured out the slide at our gym pool today and became a daredevil. He must be the only 1 year old I know who is quite this fearless! He was figuring out how to get up, sit down and come down the slide by himself by the end. he must have gone down it nearly 2 dozen times!!(maybe more?)

I am loving the time in the water with my boys. I am learning how to have fun and just enjoy the water. I was never much of a pool girl when I was younger....well, thats not completely true. I was when I was much much younger, like James age. I bet my mom would say I was fearless back then. I remember being tossed in the deep end to teach me how to swim in deep water. Every other house where was born had a pool so as a safety measure they made sure ALL kids knew how to swim early on. I still have to hold my nose, but I am not afraid of the water :)

Ah, good old days of summer. I really do promise to put pics one of thee days. The boys are growing big and are just cute. D and I are doing everything we can to just keep up with their energy and the day to day :)

No comments: