Friday, June 11, 2010

It's the middle of June already?

Holy cow! I just can't believe how fast time is just flying by! We've been busy with family trips to see family, working around the house and just..living.

So, Nathan is 1 years old now and is having diaper rash like no ones business. Actually, it's as bad as it was in the NICU, one year ago. I wonder if there is some correlation there? Well, we went to take him to RightTime medical Center (Dr. Sears is not open on Thursdays and would have told me to get him looked at.....right time is supposed to be a walk-in medical center) but we found out that take appointments and we would of had to wait upwards of 2 hours to be seen.....

We left. Took him to the Target walk-in clinic but they only see 18 months and up. Huh, as we were talking to the receptionist there the Doc walked out and asked what was up. We explained about the diarrhea and rash and she gave us some good advice. Bananas, plain crackers/toast, and a recipe for super awesome butt paste that I will be sharing with ALL my mommy friends :) He's already looking a bit better but the key is to keep him slathered so the poop doesn't even touch his skin and to keep the diaper as dry as possible. Serious deja vue from the NICU.

Otherwise he is healthy and wants to eat everything! Plays, climbs (loves this!), dances, sings (top of his lungs! Future opera singer), and is repeating back words to us! Understands so much already and is already trying to communicate back! Wow! We go see Dr. Sears on Monday for the official check-in but I'm guessing 28 pounds, close to 30 inches, and very healthy :)

We have already turned him around forward facing in the car and he loves it! He can see his brother better and the two of them just crack each other up on car rides. :)

James is having some issues with potty training, but, we are not defeated yet. Eventually he will figure this all out but I'm fairly certain jealousy over his brother and the demanding schedule we keep are both influencing. I have a feeling good social interaction/peer influence is going to be what finally breaks this trend. We really want to get him into preschool in the fall....but for the moment we are looking at summer camps or classes and hope to visit some soon in hopes of convincing him to use the potty ALL the time so he can go do those things! Maybe?

Dan and I are just taking each day as it comes. I am having some emotional mental issues right now but I think we have finally figured out the cause (hormones) and I won't begin to feel better for at least 2-3 months. I'm alright, just need to give my body time to re-adjust and normalize and maybe I should learn to relax and take it easy in there too....

Otherwise our grass is over-grown due to a disabled lawn-mower, the weeds are insane!, and the house is in need of some serious spring cleaning and steam cleaning. Maybe we'll get to some of that this weekend?

A good friend of mine told me to clear my calendar for a few weeks and find some time to focus on the house and begin organizing....well, up thru July 4th is busy but I think after that we'll make some serious efforts to slow down and make some changes.

1 comment:

Lady A said...

What great advice ;) I know that you can do it! If I can help in any way along the journey, let me know.