We've been taking each day as it comes recently and have honestly been crazy busy. Had a wedding to go to, went to the beach, got caught up around the house, had some birthdays to celebrate....
Whew. Ok, so I am still m-f 7:3-12:30 but am watching the job board like a hawk for a 3 day a week gig. I am also considering other areas of work...looking closer to home, just keeping my options open. We need the money and I like to work but we are realizing this schedule may not be best...
but, Nathan has acclimated to the commute and only has one real out burst a week...taken to sleeping in the car. This might have something to do with me 'topping him off' before we get in and then singing kids songs with James while driving. He new favorite? "One Elephant went out to play", remember the old Sherri Lewis show? I think thats what it was called. We are also working on "Head, shoulders", 'Skidamarinkidinkydink", and 'Wheels on the bus"..... he is starting to sing along with me...YEA!
Nathan is just getting bigger and stronger and ...wigglier! Oh does he want to move. He has taken to wigging down your arm as you hold him trying to see whatever it is he is trying to see. One point last night D had Nathan sitting on his lap, legs hanging over his legs. Nathan leans forward and I I thought sure he was just gonna take up walking and go about his own thing, lol. I don't want to rush it but there are times....Nathan is wearing 9 month outfits and is just sooo big. Next appointment coming up soon but I am willing to bet he is close to 17 or maybe even 18 pounds. yes, I said 18 pounds. Some kids get big quick then slow down...
James has finally slowed down at the age of 2. He is right between size 3T and 4T clothes and weighs in around 37.5 pounds. Someday all this info may embarrass the boys but I am still in shock at just how big and grown-up James looks and I have no doubt Nathan will grow in many the same ways. He is talking up a storm (loves talking on the phone) learning numbers, letters, shapes...colors still allude him at times but I not worried.
Potty training has swung to both extremes...within a 12 hour period. He'll want to be big and sit on the potty but then he will turn around and want a "diapy" on....don't want to push yet. We're planning by Age 3 though.
Sleep has become a strange thing too. I was talking to my mom about this yesterday...because our schedule is non existent it has been impossible to get any kind of routine down in terms of James and naps. Now, he doesn't necessarily need a nap at 2 and a half but if he doesn't get one he is exhausted by bedtime...sleeps a 3 hour nap the next day, skips a nap the next, and by the 4th day he will sleep 12-15 hours straight to make up for the past few days.
Oh well, D and I are trying to find times to ourselves...fleeting, but occasionally we will have lunch our some time to ourselves at night to relax and catch up before going to bed ourselves. I especially love driving with D to and from work...we honestly catch up the most then but I really to work hard at driving myself and getting home 2-3 times a week so I can keep up on things there too.
If I am being at repetitious here I do apologize...just letting my thoughts flow where they will at the moment.
Me? I've officially lost all of the baby weight from Nathan but still have the chub from James I am working on. Goal? 205 by the new year..maybe? Yes.
Sigh, totally off topic of the above but there are days (and they are frequent of late) where I truly dislike my job. I know what I am doing but am not nearly as nit-picky as my co-worker who has been taking every opportunity to question what I have done, remind me how it is to be done and just in general digging into me. She is not purposefully mean or I would talk to my boss about it. She is just very detailed and my brain is trying to catch up and I feel like I am checking all the holes and avenues for the job .... then whammo....sigh
I love my boys, I absolutely love my husband, and I am ok with my life where it is. There are things I would like to change, yes....
4 comments:
so not to be nit-picky as well, but the One elephant went out to play is from the Elephant Show which was Sharon, Lois and Bram, not Sherri Lewis (who did Lambchop's play-a-long). . . it's sad that I know all this still
ah, that's right. Knew it didn;t sound right. Thanks Christine!!
You are amazing and strong and I love ya! Let's try a swap babysitting night! You need to get out with the hubster...
Oh, I have to forward you a document on goal setting.
Hope to see you soon. I have to update ya, but it seems like mothering is a 24/7 thing and when I sit down I don't have anything left for the blog. I try to save meaningful stuff for Dan only & normally it's private! lol
Kat, you are doing a great job juggling everything. And I think maybe the nap thing is just their age. A little readier to leave the nap behind, but not quite because they do need it. We seem to handle it in whatever way works for the child. Mine needs the consistency and definitely the nap, but he fights sleep in the daytime and often at bedtime. He was sleepign through and then began to wake early. I think rhythms change and reset at times throughout the first few years. They are growing, learning and changing so much and this must affect sleep, no? THanks for sharing your thoughts.
Post a Comment