Friday, September 18, 2009

Managing Bathtime by myself

So last night I was by myself for the bedtime routine (which has begun to include a bath, pjs' books, and a drink of water) and normally James will play on his own in there for 1/2 hour or so. Last night he wanted me to play with him so I had to figure out something to do with Nathan.


ah, the Bumbo. Found the bumbo(thank goodness for the tray on it) and let Nathan sit up, play, sing, etc with us. Nathan already arches his back to wiggle out of the seat but I think that's because he is ready to rollover and is working on that technique, sitting or laying down.

This worked for a good 20 minutes last night and will work in the future too.

Why did I not put Nathan in the bath with James you ask?
Well, we don't have one of those infant tubs (wouldn't fit in out tub anyways and never used it for James) and I tend to get in the bath with him or bath him in a sink where I can stand up. We will get to the point where both boys are bathing at night together and perhaps this will help Nathan continue to be a good sleep at night?

1 comment:

Lady A said...

I see a tub seat in your future. :) it's kinda like the bumbo, but for the tub! :)