I had my first trip to the ER today ... wasn't so bad. What for you ask? Terrible terrible gallbladder pains it turns out. I thought I was dying -- like someone had stuck a red hot stick right thru the middle of me. Pain in front, pain in back, all around the middle ... bleh.
Course, by time I got to the ER pain was beginning to subside, whereas when I spoke to my doctor on the phone to find out what I should do.... I could barely talk. Honestly, I was in tears. Its the worst! I would give birth again, and again over having these episodes!
I have been feeling like crap since Sunday -- Yes, I love to tough my way thru things. Got my surgery scheduled for mid-August, had up and down moments leading up to this mornings gawd-awful pain. Only threw up once in the last 5 days :)
So I have been given orders to REALLY restrict my diet (I thought I had been doing better - going hard core now and cutting everything out for the next few weeks), a prescription for pain medicine (the good stuff), and told to take it easy ..... hm
So not a wasted trip to the ER - bloodwork confirmed no pancreatitis or other infection. No stones blocking the gallbladder or in the bile tube between the liver and stomach. Just a very inflamed and ill-functioning gallbladder. It is simply amazing how much PAIN this tiny little organ can cause! It may be small but it hurts like a mofo! The back pain with spasms is the worst! I think I should see my chiropractor soon to get adjusted -- can't stand up straight right now ...
During the ultrasound they did I determined my entire mid-section is sore and tender. Everywhere she put the device HURT! Between her pushing trying to get clear photos and telling me to breathe - hold - release .... I thought I was going to loose it in there.
Sigh -- 3 weeks to go. I plan to follow up with the Surgeon Monday morning and see if he can get me in sooner. Who knows - maybe the trip to the ER will help? I'm tired of not being able to eat -- and yes I know I will need to watch my diet after removal and I could have other complications ... but at least these stones will be gone and they won't be the cause of my pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment