Sorry it has been a few weeks. I will be posting some pictures in just a few but for the moment I'll write.
I have been home for 2.5 weeks, taking it easy, doing bits here and there and quickly realizing that I shouldn't be. My midwives scolded me yesterday and told me to be extra careful and seriously, take it easy! So, I am on continued bedrest for the moment. Next check-up is in 2 weeks (I'll be 37weeks) and we'll go from there.
At the appointment yesterday I was finally up in weight! Hee hee, I am now 15lbs up this pregnancy ..... that still seems so weird but I am just glad the little booger in me is doing so well! Hates having his heart monitored, took 2 midwives 10 minutes to finally get it, and even then it was a reflection of the heartbeat thru the placenta. All the while he is rolling, kicking, avoiding getting a good read - just like his older brother Nathan did, sheesh. Its hard to imagine at 35 weeks that babe has many places to hide but... they do.
Oh, speaking of 'he', apparently there is no notation from the ultrasounds in my midwives paperwork stating 'boy'. The midwife I saw actually said something about girl .... what? Sigh, I'm happy with healthy but if this was a girl it would explain a lot. The fact that I saw male parts in not one, but 2 ultrasounds, makes me skeptical but ok. We have names ready for a girl or boy just in case :)
So baby has a solid heartbeat at 140. Measuring just a bit ahead in fundal height, but nothing to be worried about. All my levels look good - thyroid, sugars, iron, etc. Yay! Did the test for GBS yesterday - will have results back later this week. I'll admit, this is the one I am worried about. I was positive with Nathan and due to stubbornness/timing/you name it, his birth turned into quite an adventure. I do not want to go thru that again so at any issue/slight sign of anything I am checking in and as happened a couple weeks back, I am going in to be seen. Now, my midwives are a solid hour drive from home. Thankfully we have family along the way we can go to and who are available to help with the kiddos, etc.
Speaking of the kiddos, they are doing well. James is officially 5 and is showing good maturity/understanding of rules, etc. Still having some trouble at school with focus but we are working with the teachers and him to find ways to help him. He is doing well is Tae Kwon Do and really enjoys spending time with his brother. Getting them to sleep in separate beds on school nights has become a fight. We have defined non-school nights (Friday and Saturday night) as times they can share a bed, watch an extra show before bed. Beginning to distinguish days for him I hope. I honestly suck at routines/schedules, but I know I need to for my kids sake. I think it will help me too but getting started and remaining consistent has been hard for all of us. With this new babe on the way we are going to making a lot of changes and I pray everyday that I am ready for it.
So, the list of things I "want" to do around the house and in preparation for the future gets longer and longer but right now I promise I am watching how much I do and am doing what I can to keep this baby safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment