Monday, February 28, 2011

Teeth

I don't think I've posted on this yet, but back in January, D, me and James all went in for dental check-ups. It was James' first time and well...it's been a few years for D and I. No good excuse, just haven't gone.

Well, D came out of it with an ok mouth and a few cavities which would need filling.

James did GREAT with the cleaning and fluoride, but poor bugger has a cavity. We've tried twice to have it filled and he's gotten as far as the numbing needle, and wouldn't let them touch him after that. Last instance the Doc commented that it wasn't that bad yet and tried to pik it clean..ended up using a fluoride paste on that one tooth and we'll go back in a month, see how it looks. If the decision is made to have it filled then we will scope out a pediatric specific (been going to a family Dentist) dentist and see what they can do.

Me? I have/had mild periodontitis (bone/enamel loss) in my back teeth, I grind my teeth to abandon(just got my night guard today) and had 7 cavities!! The periodontitis required some scraping, and anti-biotic, and a check up at which everything was looking better. The cavities were filled on 2 different days. 3 one day, and then the other 4. The first 3 didn't even require numbing but I am still in pain from the second 4. Ouchy

But, our teeth are getting healthy, I guess, and I'll never avoid my 6 month check up to the dentist again! Who knows what happened but I'm in general going to be more careful in the future.

I'll post more on James as we go thru it.

No comments: