Let's see. I've never had an issue with them until this move. Sigh. and I've had comcast through roomates and now with my husband for easily...8 years or so. I suppose this is the first time I've really been in charge of the bills so every little indiscretion just bugs me. So...
I talked to Comcast back in July about our move and got our account settled saying I would have the equipment turned in after our vacation/move, so by mid-august. "not a problem" was the response I got. Ok.
So we get moved and settled into the new house with Comcast. We'd had the triple play at the old place but were double paying our phone so decided to drop the phone part and when we saw that there was a Double Play available with Cable and Internet we were happy. It turns out this double play ain't all that though. Internet works well enough but the cable was not what we were expecting.
So we look into our options. What if we dropped cable? Well that would make internet 59.95 since there is no package deal. What if we dropped to basic? Do we get a package deal? What if we keep what we have and see if it works eventually ***
let me explain. We have a Digital Starter Cable Set meaning we got channels 2-74 (or so) and On Demand. We were not getting 2 of the channels (supposedly) and On Demand was not working. If we were to drop to Plain Cable with no Digital it would cost 29.95 plus internet at 42.95 cause of the package deal....
What? I recieved so many varying answers on what could be packaged/dropped/substituted. I recieved different answers on what each of the above meant and what the price would be...
Sigh. Basically got a headache...
We have since dropped down to basic basic cable, and turned in ALL our equipment so we would have no rental charges. This should bump our bill down to something reasonable, hopefully.
Still haven't seen a bill since these changes have been put in place and we get a letter from a Law Firm saying we owe past money to Comcast. WHAT!!
After some investigation we founf out it was from equipment supposedly not turned in from AUGUST of 2008!! Really? They sent a collections to a law firm after less then a month? *sigh*
Thank goodness I keep paperwork like that. I talked to the law firm today and I think we have it all fixed. My only concern now is any credit report issue. We were not late and we did turn our stuff in...Comcast just has awful tracking records. Same thing almost happened at our new place when i turned that equipment in. I called about a week later to check on our bill status and was told we had outstanding equipment...I said "no we do not!". Argh.
If we had another choice for internet we would take it because the little bit of tv we do watch we can get on netflix or hulu.....but there isn't anyone else.
Comcast has a monopoly.
Can't believe I am saying this but..."Where are you Verizon?
No comments:
Post a Comment